The 80/20 Grocery Haul - Trader Joe's Edition

I won't ever pretend I hold the secrets to a healthy lifestyle. I mean, you see that picture of me at the top of this page with a loaf of bread in my hand smiling like I won the lottery, right? That doesn't mean I do not care about my health, I just always work towards achieving balance. I listen to what my body needs and work off the 80/20 Rule. This basically means that 80 % of the time I'm eating clean and the other 20% I'm enjoying yourself (in moderation). 

IMG_7600 2.jpg

My goals are to be energized, #snatched, and healthy. Keep in mind, I typically shop at Trader Joe's and try to eat as organic as possible. The ingredients below are easy to mix 'n match. I can always sautee' or bake some veggies and pair it with one of my proteins. If you're looking for a cheap yet effective meal plan, try my grocery haul!

Vegetables

  • Avocados

  • Onion

  • Bell Peppers

  • Broccoli Florets

  • Heirloom Tomatoes

  • Romaine Lettuce

  • Cilantro

  • Shredded Carrots

  • Green Goddess Dressing

Fruits

  • Lemons/ Limes

  • Bananas

  • Pineapple

  • Grapes

  • Peach

  • Pears

  • Strawberries

Protein

  • Organic Eggs

  • Ground Turkey

  • Salmon

  • Organic Turkey Meat

  • Tofu

  • Chicken Apple Sausage

Grains

  • Multigrain Ezekiel Bread

  • Organic Oatmeal

"Dairy"

  • Non-Dairy Ice Cream (Halo Top, So Delicious are my favs)

  • Almond milk coffee creamer

  • Vegan Cheese

Snacks, Treats, & Other

  • Lara Bars

  • Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles

  • Jalapeno & Artichoke dip (warning: you may want the whole container)

  • Red Wine

  • Kombucha

  • Alkaline Water

  • Trader Joe's Frozen Pizzas

 

 

FoodBria Jones